Geoff - Director
Co Director Oaten Stanistreet Architects
Bachelor Architecture Deakin University (Hons)
Geoff is a registered architect within Victoria and has over 30 years experience in the design and provision of major State Government Schools, Local Government and Infrastructure facilities.
Over that period 20 years has been dedicated to the educational field specialising in the design documentation and administration of educational facilities for a number of clients including the Victorian Department of Education and early Childhood Development, Local Government and Catholic Education.
Prior to joining with Terry Oaten in forming OSA over 12 years ago, Geoff worked as a design architect within the Victorian Public Works Department for 6 years both within the Principle Architects Office and Schools Group completing projects such as the Melbourne Remand Prison, Victorian Police Academy, major government department fitouts and various Specialist School projects winning design awards for innovation.
Working as co director in OSA, Geoff has been involved in the design of a great many educational projects for the State Government of Victoria. Recent projects include:
- Mill Park Lakes P-9 School - a finalist in the Ministers' Awards for 2007. Geoff has had a major hand in ensuring key teaching and learning practices were included in this state-of-art design.
- Bendigo Educational Plan. A key project incorporating unique teaching pedagogies that are setting new design standards for other DEECD projects.
- Rural Replacement Program recently set up by the State Government. This program is a new procurement program which will see the replacement of a great many rural schools with new design pedagogies. Geoff has helped develop interchangeable building designs in conjunction with other architectural firms.
Geoff has extensive experience with local government having worked with various local government bodies in providing major public libraries and sporting pavilions for Stonnington, Whittlesea, Knox and Melton councils.
This experience has been invaluable in integrating and facilitating local community needs within the DEECD programmes.
Geoff has also been responsible for the design and procurement of Infrastructure projects for two major power supply companies namely SP Ausnet, (formally TXU) and Powercor Citipower. The projects comprise new power/control station facilities, office fitouts, call centre fitouts, feasibility reports and regional service depots, master planning and upgrades. Recent projects include:
- Powercor Citipower Southbank PowerStation Project - Design and Procurement Feasibility study.
- Powercor Citipower Adeer Service Complex upgrade project.
- Powercor Geelong new Head Office Complex.
- SP Ausnet Leongatha Service Depot Masterplan/ Feasibility Study.
The above mentioned roles have provided Geoff with the knowledge and experience required for high calibre projects teamed with considerable exposure to collaborative ventures.